UX Designer – Amazon QuickSight | Seattle or Minneapolis Job at Amazon Web Services, Inc. – 3.6 Minneapolis, MN
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and workflow design. This should also include approach and process.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 6+ years equivalent professional experience
UX Designer – Amazon QuickSight
Amazon QuickSight is the next generation suite of business analytics tools from AWS. We empower everyone in the company with analytics. We constantly innovate ways to deliver faster, more intuitive, and more actionable insights at a massive scale. We are re-inventing business intelligence with the goal of allowing everyone to make data-driven decisions. Our customers include startups and Fortune 500 companies.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a UX Designer who leads by doing, values diversity of thought and background, has a passion for solving problems at massive scale and brings their best self to work every day. You will improve, iterate, and reimagine the product experience to shape the next generation of analytics tools. You will also partner with a wide variety of internal and external customers to craft a modern, elegant BI experience for one of the fastest growing areas of software.
What You Bring
You have an “anything is possible” mindset when faced with highly ambiguous and complex problems. You’re proud of your work, your skills and expertise – but you’re not cynical, inflexible or too proud to take in other perspectives which may bring you new data points and insights that may shift your decisions or perspective if warranted. You love being part of a highly collaborative and high-energy team that isn’t afraid to swing for the fences or exceed expectations even on small projects.
You have a deep background in complex data related products, geek out over customer experience, visualization and machine learning and believe that no experience is perfect unless it delights customers in unexpected ways. You’re also a passionate learner that’s motivated to take on new challenges. You have demonstrated design acumen and believe in the power of strategic design to differentiate experience and increase customer loyalty. You are an influencer who doesn’t hold your ideas as precious and who iterates quickly, based on data, and delivers recommendations and analysis that tell the story of the customer experience we are delivering.
What You Will Do
In this role you will be responsible for leading a variety of design initiatives across the entire product. You will work alongside product management, product/visual/interaction design, and engineering to define and build the essential lovable product. This position requires deep customer focus, the ability to dive deep and invent, and the ability to make hard decisions fast.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast-paced startup like environment. To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while showing highest standards of responsibilities.
- Contribute to the design of useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases, high-level requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and on-device software applications
- Art direct or design the visual design of the web and software applications
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, and prototypes
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and executives for review and feedback
- Contribute to the User Experience group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Flexibility: striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
- 3+ years of experience designing for mobile, voice, web or web-based devices
- Experience designing user interfaces for data visualization or data insight products.
- Experience designing for mobile, touch, voice and web.
- Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups and style guides
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as Sketch, Invision, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks etc.
- A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
Location: This role can be located in Seattle or Minneapolis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
About the Company
Company: Amazon Web Services, Inc. – 3.6
Company Location: Minneapolis, MN