Senior Designer: Design Partnerships + Special Projects (Apparel & Accessories) Job at TARGET – 3.6 Minneapolis, MN
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world’s best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Owned Brand Management & Product Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market’s needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you’ll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you’ll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you’ll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Sr Designer, you’ll be accountable for and lead Owned Brand Product Design and Development with direction from design leaders to achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. You will design apparel and accessories in collaboration with an EXTERNAL brand, designer, or influencer, utilizing your proficiency/expertise in product design and development. You will be accountable for and lead the PD&D Design and Development Processes, which includes:
- Diligent approach to workload, maintaining good, timely communication with internal and external partners across each collaboration and brand drop
- Drive and lead product research and design, cross-category to achieve cohesion across the collections.
- Being an industry expert; able to forecast category, brand, business or guest segment trends
- Globally shop markets to identify category, brand, business or guest segment trends and travel to design partner/collaborator meetings.
- Concepts, select color stories and develop fabrics, materials. Direct prints, trim and graphics as needed.
- Design Collaboration and Brand cohesion; partner with peers across the enterprise to ensure continuity.
- Product designs to support merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
- Collaboration with technical designers and sourcing partners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Four-year degree in Design, Fine Art, or similar area, or equivalent experience
Minimum 10+ years of creative experience, 1-2 years tenure in Senior Designer or comparable role
Expertise in both Apparel & Accessories Design, with a strong ability to direct design to other creative partners.
Advanced proficiency in Adobe Suite- Illustrator, Conceptboard, Photoshop, ProCreate & InDesign
Keen eye for detail & creative nuance within trend and fashion, with a passion for innovative, aspirational design point of view. Thought-leader and Tastemaker sensibility.
- Advanced understanding of textiles, garment construction/fit or raw materials & product production
- Commercial sense, market knowledge, ability to research and apply market/trend information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with ability to foster growth and manage workload across the CFT
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment, and communicate effectively across dynamic group of creative partners, and leaders.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative, and cost-effective design solutions
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
About the Company
Company: TARGET – 3.6
Company Location: Minneapolis, MN