Data Scientist Job at IBM – 3.9 California
Have you heard about the IBM Garage? It’s a cross-functional team that delivers a unique client co-creation experience to accelerate client transformation. We use Enterprise Design Thinking, our industry-leading IBM Garage Methodology and IBM’s multidisciplinary experts in full speed from the start. We design, develop, test, and deliver solutions. Startup speed. Enterprise scale. We apply user-centric approaches to ensure all features add value for the user and achieve desired client impact.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Data Scientist working at the IBM Garage, you will be the Subject Matter Expert on Data and AI Statistical models and IBM’s leading edge analytic solutions and how they apply to solve the client’s business problems.
As part of the IBM Garage team, you will advise on and implement models in Machine Learning, Optimization, Neural Networks, and Artificial Intelligence such as Natural Language, and other quantitative approaches using IBM Data Science capabilities utilizing open source.
You will partner with clients to understand business problems and work side-by-side (virtually and in person) with clients and other Garage consultants on proofs of concept and minimally viable solutions that demonstrate business value and technical solutions. Projects with clients will typically be 2 to 6 weeks and you will work in squads with other data scientists, designers, data engineers, front end developers, architects and with clients. The clients’ Garage experience results in them purchasing IBM solutions.
You will deliver meaningful insights and predict emerging trends to inform business solutions that optimize client value.
To be successful in this role you:
- Leverage Data Engineering techniques to gather, prepare, cleanse, and transform client data for analysis and AI automation, including automating data pipelines
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and ability to understand business problems, formulate hypotheses and test conclusions to influence solution design
- Leverage a variety of structured and unstructured data sources, analytics, AI tools, and programming languages to derive meaningful data insights (e.g., Python, R, Spark, TensorFlow, Jupyter, etc.)
- Possess relevant industry and/or business domain knowledge such as Finance, Telco, Retail, Consumer Product and Health Care which you will apply to shape solutions
- Work in an Agile fashion, iterating on the design to react to client feedback and demonstrate rapid progress
- Expand partnerships at all levels of the client organization to identify new opportunities for data science applications
- Prove the value of IBM’s Data and AI solutions to clients
those that are based in Montreal need to be fluently bilingual
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 1- 4 years as a Data Scientist with a deep understanding of Statistics and statistical practices, NLP/NLU, supervised and unsupervised learning and deep learning,
- At least 1- 2 years of experience with identifying data sources, transforming data, etc.
- At least 1 to 2 years in a client facing role, including facilitating client discussions and problem framing
- Experience with a Data Science Programming language, such as Python or R coupled with SQL
- Experience writing applications to visualize data using open source tools such as Shiny
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Academic training in a quantitative discipline and/or a specialized degree in data science or analytics
Understanding of Analytics Life Cycle and / or Crisp DM method and practices
Experience with RESTful APIs and clustered data processing (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Map-reduce, and Hive)
Demonstrable experience in private and public Cloud
Experience in developing and delivering appropriate analytic and/or machine learning models to achieve business goals
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
About the Company
Company: IBM – 3.9
Company Location: California